Terms and Conditions and Site Guidelines
Booking of a Glamping Pitch
- If a booking of a Glamping pitch is made eight weeks or more before holiday is due to start a deposit of 25% is payable.
The balance of your Glamping break is due 8 weeks before your stay a reminder will be sent to you. If this payment is not received then your holiday with us will be cancelled.
- If a Glamping pitch booking is made less than eight weeks before the holiday is due to start the full rent and cleaning cost must be paid on booking.
- If you plans or circumstances have changed and you have to cancel your Glamping break then a cancellation charge is payable depending on the number of days before your holiday start that written notification is received
The cancellation charge is a percentage of the rental cost of your holiday
0-13 days notice 100%
14-27 days notice 75%
28-55 days notice 50%
56 days or more then the deposit
We recommend that you take holiday insurance to cover any potential loss.
- If we have to cancel your stay through extreme or adverse weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances, (for example it may be impossible to erect Daisy Bell Tent through severe winds, or fire) then we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for losses of costs this may occur to you but we will work with you to offer alternative dates for your stay or offer a 50% refund off any monies paid.
- Please note we do not take card payments over the phone, only bank transfer, card facilities available on site or cash.
Booking of a Camping Pitch
- A 25% deposit is required on booking any camping pitch,
Low season the outstanding balance is to be paid before or on arrival.
High season another 25% deposit is to be paid either 1st May or 1st July then the outstanding on or before your holiday starts.
- If you cancel any camping pitch prior to arrival the deposit or balance is non-refundable unless we can rebook your holiday at the full asking price.
- If we have to cancel your stay through extreme or adverse weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances, then we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for losses of costs this may occur to you but we will work with you to offer alternative dates for your stay or offer a 50% refund of your monies.
- Please note we do not take card payments over the phone, only bank transfer, card facilities available on site or cash.
Arrival and Departure times
Glamping pitches are available from 3pm and to be vacated by 11am on day of departure, unless pre-arranged.
Camping pitches are available from 1pm and to be vacated on day of departure by 12noon, unless pre-arranged.
Please advise us of an ETA (estimated time of arrival ) so we can be on site to greet you.
- We understand that people like to come away together in larger groups and we ask that you very considerate to other campers.
Not to monopolise the facilities area and respect other campers.
To keep noise down especially when sitting around a campfire in the evening as noise and voices travel, we want all guests to enjoy a peaceful and relaxing stay.
Groups are at the discretion of the owners and if causing any form of nuisance or inconsiderate behaviour then you would be asked to leave the site with no refund given.
- If any campers are expecting visitors please be courteous and let us know prior to them arriving so we know who is on site at all times.
- We are a quiet site and ask that you respect that and to keep noise down.
To be considerate to all your neighbours, all other campers and to the wildlife, the only noise to be heard after 11pm is the low murmuring of guests enjoying the night sky and the twinkling lights over the sea.
- Fire pits are provided on all pitches and we ask that you pitch your tent/caravan/campervan approximately 3meters away from the fire, and only wood to be burnt no rubbish or paper as this can float on to neighbouring pitches.
- All fires are at your own risk and Dropped Anchor accepts no responsibility for any property, losses, damages or injuries occurred.
- Fires should not be left unattended at any time and when retiring for the evening the fire is to be extinguished.
- Please read the camp fire extinguishing notice in the wash room.
- Please note NO Smoking in our Glamping options or in the facilities area.
- Please dispose of cigarette ends appropriately.
- Dogs are very welcome at Dropped Anchor but we ask you to please keep them on a lead at all times and to clean up after them, please no dogs on the beds or chairs in our Glamping options.
- Dogs are free of charge but we are asking for a donation of at least £1per dog per stay to go towards a local animal charity of our choice (information in washroom)
- Doggie stop area is by the toilet facilities with a poop bin and fresh drinking water.
- Please do not let your dogs be a nuisance to other campers (some people do not like dogs or are scared of them)
- Dogs must not be left unattended in our glamping accommodation in caravans/cars/tents, if you are going somewhere that is impractical for you to take them, we may be able to offer Doggie day care, Please ask!!!
- We only have one shower on site so please be mindful to other campers and keep showers short and sweet.
- Please do not put wipes, nappies and sanitary products down the toilet please use the bins provided.
- Please help us to keep the toilet and shower facilities clean by leaving them as you would like to find them.
- We have a gentleman’s wee house behind the shower room with a rainwater wee flush, if all our gents young and old could use this as much as possible please.
- We have a rain water wet suit wash and a sandy toe wash in the facilities area, this helps to keep the toilet and shower facilities clean (please use them)
- We have a chemical disposable point with a hose to flush out.
- Recycling bins are all labelled.
- Dish wash area is at the rear with cold running water only.
- We have 2 drinking water points on site which are clearly marked.
- Speed limit is 5 miles an hour on site (children playing)
- Please feel free to play games in the centre of the field but not around the toilet and facilities area and to respect other campers and there space.
- Dropped Anchor is a quite site so we ask you to be courteous to other campers and keep noise to a minimal.
- We have no Electricity on site but can offer a phone charging facility at a small cost.
- All the lighting around Dropped Anchor is low wattage as its solar or battery operated so we suggest you bring a torch.
- Please do not climb on the walls or fencing surrounding Dropped Anchor and please keep out of the fields surrounding Dropped Anchor as they are all privately owned by our local farmers.
- There are many footpaths in the area please keep your dogs on a lead and try not to stray from the path. There can be livestock in the fields please close all gates after you and use the countryside code.
- Lastly we would like to wish you all a pleasant stay with us, if you need anything or we can help your stay to be more comfortable then please just ask.
Thanking you Debbie
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) POLICY
At Dropped Anchor Sea View Camping the health and wellbeing of my customers always come first. As a result, I want to assure current and prospective guests that I am taking all steps possible to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
Your peace of mind
Dropped Anchor is set in a countryside setting away from centres of population. I have 15 Camping pitches in total and all are spacious of at least 32 foot wide, double that of the required size. I the site owner-manager is someone who is passionate about your holiday enjoyment - and your welfare. I believe these factors, coupled with the fact that you will be holidaying in the 'great outdoors' will offer you some peace of mind during your holiday so you can enjoy it the max whilst staying safe.
If you need to cancel your booking
If you have the symptoms and you are booked to stay, then please notify me by email or phone to discuss the cancellation or postponement of your booking. The spread of Coronavirus has caused an atmosphere of unease, leaving some worried about their pre-booked holidays. At Dropped Anchor I want to make sure you can still enjoy your holiday, even if it takes place on a different date to originally planned.
During your stay
I work very hard to keep the communal areas clean at all times - and I will be doubling my efforts during the camping season.
During your stay I ask you to follow and adhere to the safety measures below to keep you and other guests safe and minimise the spread of infection:
- Hand sanitising on entry to the communal area is required.
- Children must be accompanied to the communal area at all times.
- Do not share food, drinks, utensils, crockery, towels or other wash items with others.
- Please bring your own hand towels for the wash basins in the toilet facilities and your own shower mat (these will not be provided this year)
As the shower is at the highest risk (through airborne droplets at a higher temperature)there is a Shower booking system and guidelines. If you would like a shower then please book a 30 minute time slot for your pitch larger groups can book 2 slots together. Please clean the shower room after your visit leaving it clean and tidy for the next pitch just how you would like to find it. Please allow a time at the end of your slot (ideally 10mins) for the window to be open ( door if weather permitting ) to allow air droplets to disperse. Please only book no more than 2 days in advance giving everyone a chance for a preferred shower time. Please NO showers out side of these times as the toilet is required for all campers. Dropped Anchor will do there upmost to do 2 to 3 deep shower and toilet cleans throughout the day so please let’s all work together to keep it clean and to keep Dropped Anchor Covid 19 free.
- Please help to keep the facilities and communal area clean by wiping down and leaving them as you would like to find them.
- Please Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently following contact with the campsite's communal areas, or trips out.
- Please bring your own hand sanitizers and use frequently.
- If you have your own facilities please use them at all times to reduce contact in the communal areas. (even a bowel to wash hands frequently will help)
- Ensure all coughs and sneezes are caught in a tissue, which should be binned immediately. If you do not have a tissue, use the crook of your elbow instead.
- Please engage in ‘social distancing’ at all times. Avoid hand-shaking and close contact with others - maintain a distance of at least 2 metres
- In the dish wash area please only 2 members of the same family at any one time and please wipe down after use.
- If you or a member of your party start to display symptoms (high temperature, a new continuous cough) during your stay, you and your party must leave the campsite as soon as possible and self isolate.**
- Sorry but no day visitors or outside guests allowed on site at any time.
- In the little shop only 2 members of the same family in at any one time.
- The field has a large centre area for recreational use, please everyone use social distancing and parents must see that their children are adhering to social distancing at all times.
- All facilities are used at your own risk so please be patient and respectful to others.
Phase 2 of the Governments plan emphasises the reporting, monitoring and smarter control of infections. The track and trace mechanism is designed to implement measures to control infection in a targeted and localised manor, however as the owner of the campsite this may result in a sudden closure for a period of 14 days and not limited to a single instance, should I the site owner be instructed to self isolate.
The government has introduced a tier system 1,2,3,4 unfortunately I am unable to accommodate anyone from tier 3 or 4 on to the site, hopefully this will reduce the risk of infection.
Upon booking you will be required to give names of all party members a contact telephone number and email address and a postcode to cover all track and trace.
I will update this page regularly in line with the advice from the Government as things change.
Government Advice - what to do if you have symptoms
Stay at home for 14 days if you have either:
- A high temperature
- A new continuous cough
If one person in any household has a persistent cough or fever, everyone living there must stay at home for 14 days. This will help to protect others in your community while you are infectious.
or more information go to: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public and https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
We care for you
Dropped Anchor is adopting the World Health Organization (WHO’s) standard recommendations and following the government’s latest regulations to reduce exposure to and transmission of a range of illnesses. This includes hand and respiratory hygiene.
I am monitoring the situation closely and will ensure any relevant WHO or government recommendations are implemented immediately.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me on 07706832152 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thankyou for your understanding and continued support to Dropped Anchor Campsite